Monday 9 January 2017

CoP 3: Adding Foam to The Simulation

I've now applied foam to the stairwell simulation, which to me makes it look way more realistic than before. Adding the foam wasn't too hard and all I had to do was adjust some of the foam attributes to make it fit well with the situation. The changes I made to the foam were, changing the emission rate from 1000- 2000 particles per frame (PPF), changing the liquid speed from 0.2 to 0.1 which produces more foam the faster the liquid is, and I also changed the liquid churn from 0.5 to 0.1 so that again more foam would appear when the wave curdles over. Lastly I changed the render particle size from 0.025 to 0.006 just so the the foam would look more realistic when rendered out.
Rendering the foam on the other hand was another challenge because again the shaders I was putting on the foam weren't rendering how I wanted them to render. The thing that was happening was that the foam was rendering out like little grey balls which was very confusing, but after looking online for the problem I found a solution. The solution was that I needed to go into the hypershader and add an aiUserDataFloat and a RampColor to the texture of the foam, which helped change the colour of the foam to white and made it look more like realistic foam.
























This, and I don't know how, also fixed the problem I had with the water coming out looking black when I render that out. But yeah now I'm able to simulated real looking water with foam. Plus applying the foam also create more of a character element to the simulation because it gives it more of a frantic look to the water when it bursts out of the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment