Monday 9 January 2017

CoP 3: More Practical work / Problems that Accrued

Continuing with the stairwell simulation where the water is crashing through the windows, I've managed to increase the amount of particle coming through the window by adding an accelerator behind it to give it more force when crashing through the window. I feel like this brings more character element to the simulation because it gives the waves more of an aggressive look. I've also increased the density of the liquid so that it flows more smoothly through the window and stairs.

I'll start with the problems I've been having with the stairwell simulation, the crucial things are that when applying new texture to the liquids mesh it just seems to go black whenever I render it out. I don't know whether it's something to do with the hypershader in Maya or if I'm just applying the texture wrong I'm not sure. However when I look at the simulation in the normal project scene it looks completely fine.

Another thing I' having a problem with is that whenever I now open my scene in Maya I can't save anything new on the scene and it just comes up with an error saying "Unable to override the file". This means I'm having to make changes, writing the changes I've done down, and then not save when I close Maya, meaning I've got to spend twice as long setting up my scene again before I can do anything else with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment